For ages dogs have been considered man’s best friend, most dog owners will admit that they love their dog unconditionally just as their furry little friends love them in return. However, any dog lover or owner would also admit that a well-behaved dog makes for a better companion especially when out in public. Some dog owners spend a small fortune taking their furry companions to dog obedience classes, while others try and train their dogs themselves. If canine classes don’t fit the budget or aren’t an option there are other ways to go about training a dog. Training collars are often used by dog owners and professional trainers and are a great option for training any dog. Not sure which training collar to buy? Here are the best dog training collars available on the market today.
8. Garmin Sport PRO Bundle Dog Training Device
This training collar by Garmin is compact and lightweight, it is multifunctional and can train up to three dogs in one handheld device. The turn dial changes between 10 stimulation levels and controls. Other
- Easy to operate in one hand allowing the user to keep their eyes on the dog.
- Made of rugged, durable, and floatable material.
- Built-in LED beacon lights help locate the dog during low-light conditions.
- Features a built-in “BarkLimiter” with adjustable levels.
7. Dog Training Collar with Remote
All-new for 2019 this training collar by TBI Pro is a high-quality training collar that offers customizable training and is an excellent dog training tool for both expert trainers and new pet owners. Suitable for dogs of all sizes, every dog will behave as desired with the use of effective beeps, vibrations, or small shocks.
- 30% More control on longer distances compared to most training collars.
- Highly durable and waterproof for greater longevity and use.
- Easy to use LCD training controller.
- Features vibrations or shocks ranging from levels 1-100.
- Li-ion battery with extra capacity rated at IP67 waterproof.
6. E-Collar Remote Dog Training Collar by Educator
This training collar by Educator is both Safe and humane and reduces stress on the dog. Educator training collars don’t shock but use low levels of a blunt stimulus to train dogs. This training collar is built to last and withstand extreme weather conditions.
- It’s a one dog training collar system with a half-mile range.
- Meant for dogs weighing five pounds or larger.
- Contains user-selectable stimulation that ranges from 1 to 100.
- Has an additional boost stimulus ranging from 1 to 60.
5. SportDOG Brand Field Trainer 425
This dog training collar by SportDog Brand is part of the new X-Series, it’s waterproof with a rechargeable battery and has a 500-yard range. This training collar is perfect for in-the-field training, or for hunting with close-working dogs.
- Can be used to train 3 dogs with one remote transmitter.
- Suitable for 8-pound dogs or larger with neck sizes of 5 to 22 inches.
- Both the handheld device and the collar use DryTek technology making them both waterproof and submersible up to 25 feet.
- Comes with customizable function buttons, a detailed training guide & DVD.
4. PT0Z1 Premium Dog Training Shock Collar by PetTech
This training collar by PetTech features customizable settings to assist dog trainers and pet owners. This collar is intended for dogs from 10-100 lbs, the collar unit is waterproof and comes with four training modes.
- Is available in black, blue, and red detailing.
- Can be used to help correct barking, walking, leash training, sitting, and aggression.
- Utilizes an LCD remote with an adjustable shock feature and four modes.
- Supplied with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery.
3. Petrainer Waterproof Dog Shock Collar
This training collar was designed with new users in mind and comes standard with a beep function and 100 levels of vibrate and shock stimulation. The new simple design is easy to use and understand allowing users to start training their dogs faster with less learning time.
- 100 levels of static shock and vibration plus 1 level of standard tone.
- Features an automatic standby and memory function.
- The collar size can be adjusted from 0-25 inches and is intended for dogs weighing 15 pounds or greater.
- Has a range of 330 yards.
2. Petrainer PET998DRB Rainproof Dog Shock Collar
This training collar has an impressive 330 yard range and was designed by Petrainer with the common household dog in mind. Petrainer has built in every necessary function needed for beginner trainers including shock, vibrate, and tone settings allowing trainers to achieve results fast.
- 100 levels of stimulation to ensure a perfect level for any dog.
- Supplied with rechargeable lithium-ion batteries for the collar and remote transmitter.
- Adjustable collar sizes from 15 to 22 inches, intended for dogs 15 lbs or larger.
- Best used for basic dog training, barking, hunting, digging, aggression, jumping, and bolting.
1. Dog Training Collar by Dog Care
Dog Care is a company that truly understands pets through thousands of research hours in the behavioral psychology of pets. This dog training collar one of the best dog training collars because it helps both the dog and its owner understand each other. Dog Care’s training collar features advanced integrated technology and is a vital tool in starting a new communication method with your dog.
- Utilizes three efficient and safe training modes including beep, vibration, and shock.
- Features a security keypad lock that prevents any accidental shocks from the remote.
- Able to support up to nine dogs with only one remote transmitter.
- Offers adjustable 0-99 static level ensuring the perfect level for any dog.